I base my classes on a wide range of resources and tailor each session to the relevant group/individual. I am friendly and approachable and no question is ever deemed silly! I am supportive and helpful in providing helpful resources and guidance.
A highly experienced ACA qualified big 4 accountant with almost 4 years PQE, over 2 of which in Transaction Services/Deals in PwC, working on various financial and vendor due diligence engagements. I have tutored secondary level students in the past and have wide experience in Accounting, having trained in audit in PwC before moving to Deals/Mergers & Acquisitions.
A highly experienced ACA qualified big 4 accountant with almost 4 years PQE, over 2 of which in Transaction Services/Deals in PwC, working on various financial and vendor due diligence engagements. Highly adaptable team member with strong communication skills and good work ethic.
2014 – Present: PwC, One Spencer Dock, North Wall Quay, Dublin 1.
2018 – Present: Transaction Services, Deals, Advisory, PwC.
• Varied domestic and international experience in the Deals market, servicing a wide range of plc, private company and private equity clients.
• Experience supporting clients in their business acquisition and disposal activities, providing due diligence advice, including identification and evaluation of key business drivers.
• Due diligence engagement industries include, energy, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, retail and technology. Range of clients include DCC plc, Uniphar plc, Kingspan and CRH.
• Spent 7 months on a client secondment to Irish Water, responsible for reviewing and implementing significant changes to their Revenue month end process. Produced monthly reports on performance versus budget for presentation in the Finance team meetings and managed numerous multi-departmental projects, which included producing a model for deferred revenue recognition in line with IFRS 15.
• Currently supporting a divestiture lead of a multinational pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical company throughout the sale of several assets, including the mechanisms of the transitional and manufacturing service agreement elements of the divestments.
2014-2018: Asset & Wealth Management, Assurance, PwC
• Predominantly worked on Goldman Sachs audit – one of PwC AWM’s high profile clients with net assets >$100 billion.
• Managed & coached team of 10 individuals with incremental experience on the audit of umbrella & hedge funds.
• Acquired whole leadership & communication skills by regularly reporting to and liaising with all stakeholders including managers, partners, clients & Board members.
• Responsible for reviewing financial statements & performing substantive testing in line with FRS102, IFRS, ISA & US GAAS on ETFs, AIFs, UCITs, ICAVs, real estate funds & collective investment schemes.
• High proficiency in performing valuation of non-derivative instruments using Global Securities Pricing Application and performing valuation of derivatives using Bloomberg.
• Developed business & global acumen working with a range of counterparties such as investment manager, transfer agent, administrator & custodian located in different countries such as U.S., U.K., Cayman Islands, Japan & Australia.
• Experience drafting audit opinions & reporting on audit findings presented at Board meetings.
2008 - 2019: Presiding Officer, Knock, Mayo
Held the position of Presiding Officer in governmental elections and referendums.
Collected and safeguarded the ballot box, issued ballot papers, completed forms and official documents and held overall responsibility at Knock NS polling station.
June 2013 - 2014: Sales Advisor, New Look, Eyre Square, Galway.
Greeted and engaged with customers in order to sell products, monitored and replenished stock levels and processed cash and credit transactions in a fast-paced retail environment.
Completed tasks alone and with team members to create effective visual merchandising and branding.
Sept 2012 – June 2013: Grinds Teacher to Secondary School Students
Taught Mathematics to Leaving Certificate and Junior Certificate students, at both higher and ordinary levels.
Created resources for these students, assigned problems, corrected answers and provided feedback.
April 2012 – Sept 2012: Sales Assistant, Dunnes Stores, Edwards Square, Galway
Processed transactions, holding responsibility for own till, contents and balance. Ensured high levels of customer care and service. Promoted special offers and customer loyalty scheme.
June 2006 – April 2012: Assistant and Receptionist, Mary’s Hair Salon, Knock, Mayo
Responsible for phone-line, taking appointments, promoting and selling products, stacking shelves, cleaning and tidying and washing hair. Ensured good relations with customers and staff.
Created and designed Facebook page for advertising the salon.
2013-2014: Higher Diploma in Business Studies, NUI Galway
Overall result: 76.17% (1.1 Honours)
Modules: Accounting, Financial Management, Management Accounting, International Financial Reporting, Marketing, Economics, Management, Management Information Systems, Business Law, EU Law
2010-2013: Bachelor of Arts, NUI Galway: Mathematics (Honours) and Psychological Studies
Overall Result, Year 3: 73.75% (1.1) Year 2: 72.84% (1.1), Year 1: 77.75% (1.1)
Mathematics (Honours): Including modules on Probability, Statistics, Groups Theory, Metric Spaces, Topology, Analysis, Algebra, Calculus, Discrete Mathematics and Linear Algebra.
Psychological Studies: Including modules on Personality Psychology, Memory and Cognition, Health Psychology, Applied Behavioural Analysis, Social Psychology and Research Methods.
2005-2010: St. Louis Community School, Kiltimagh, Co. Mayo
Leaving Certificate: 575 points
Higher Level: Mathematics (B1), Irish (A1), English (A1), Music (A2), Home Economics (B1), French (A2), Art (B1), LCVP (Dist.)
Qualified ACA on first attempt and placed in the 2nd decile.
Awarded Title University Scholar in 2012 and 2013 based on first and second year university results.
NUI Galway ALIVE Presidential Award for Volunteering.
High Achievement Certificate for second level education.
Full clean driving license.
Analytical: Developed attention to detail and systematic problem-solving skills in my study of Mathematics and Psychology in my undergraduate degree which I harvested greatly in my time in PwC in audit and especially in Transaction Services on due diligence engagements.
Excellent reporting skills developed by drafting audit opinions and audit findings reports, writing reports for presentation to the finance department heads during secondments and especially due diligence reports.
Ability to prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressured environment while maintaining exceptional accuracy and attention to detail, which is non-negotiable in a deals environment.
Highly organised and used to working to tight deadlines, while co-ordinating with a range of advisors. Vast experience in preparation of professional quality reports in liaison with targets, clients and financial institutions.
Research and Computing: Completed numerous reports and studied modules on research methods as part of my degree. Studied Informational Technology in first Arts, giving high understanding and skills in computers and technology.
Interests and Hobbies
Running and Fitness: Running enthusiast. Trained for and completed the Ballyliffin Coastal Challenge in 2019. Raised funds for Special Olympics Ireland by participating in the Western People Women’s mini marathon.
Music: Enjoy playing piano and singing.
References available on request
accounting lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest financial management lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, aca lessons for all!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||€50|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||€250|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||€500|