My approach is to place myself in my students shoes and to develop a good rapport with them. I believe that a good relationship is key to student's have the best possible experience. I believe in giving real life scenarios and starting at student's current level of education/experience and moving on from there. It is also important to me to build my student's confidence levels so that as they learn their confidence grows.
I am an Adult Education Tutor with 20 years experience and very good outcomes. I deliver training in Self Confidence, Career Coaching, Interview Techniques, Communication and Customer Service. I have achieved very good outcomes with 90% of my students attaining employment.
Passionate about helping people from all walks of life to improve their careers and lives in general. I strive to achieve this by both training people in life skills/soft skills and coaching them to achieve their goals, even when dealing with problematic situations.
Leaving Certificate 1984
Secretarial & Customer Service - One-year full time, St. Anne's Secretarial College, Tullow, Co. Carlow.
JEB Teachers Diploma in I.T. 2000 - Carlow Computer College
Certificate in Adult Education and Training - NUI Maynooth 2013
Practice and Ethics of Workplace Coaching – Barrow Training, Carlow 2014
Crisis Prevention and Intervention – Barrow Training, Carlow 201
Certificate in Counselling and Psychotherapy - ICHAS Waterford 2019
Skills and qualities
• Highly conscientious and committed to the highest standards of professional service.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Caring and motivated by the best interests of my students.
• Enthusiasm for the subject material that will foster a love of learning by students.
• Evaluate my own behaviour regularly with a view to continuous learning and development.
• Relate well to different groups of students of different ages and ability levels.
• Team-player who can collaborate with colleagues.
Adult Education Tutor/Life Coaching July 2012 - Present
I have worked closely with Community groups and various ETB’S and have developed and delivered training for many private and public bodies.
Full time and part-time training delivered for the following: -
KWETB Cenit College, Maynooth
KCETB Barrow Training, Carlow
CDETB Calp Ltd, Galway
Tipperary ETB Creative Training
Waterford & Wexford ETB
• Planning, preparing, and delivering lessons to classes of mixed age and ability.
• Involving learners in the planning and implementing of their learning activities.
• Creating a climate that encourages and supports learning.
• Fostering a spirit of collaboration in the learning setting.
• Developing a rapport with members of the class, to meet the needs of each and deliver a structured and fulfilling learning experience.
• Foster critically reflective thinking
• Assessing and recording pupils progress, through coursework and examinations.
• Adhering strictly to QQI Guidelines for setting and marking exams.
QQI Modules Delivered up to Level 6.
Work Experience – Level 5 Personal Effectiveness
Customer Service – Level 5 Health & Safety at Work
Typing Skills Work Practice
Audio Transcription Retail Skills
Computer Skills – Office Suite Employment Skills
Career Planning Personal and Interpersonal
Training Supervisor January 2010 – to June 2012
Genesis Business College
Managing and maintaining a busy computer training college with over 200 trainees. Liaising with state agencies e.g., Fas, DSFA, C.E. Schemes etc., offering online training. Delivering Solas funded courses in Communications, Front Office Skills, Work Experience, Interview Skills.
Computer Applications Trainer September 2008 – Dec 2009
Primary Schools – Ballyconnell N.S., Grange N.S. and Tullow Boys N.S.
Delivering computer lessons to primary school children in Co. Carlow.
Project Co-Ordinator/Trainer January 2004 – July 2008
Athy Training and Enterprise Centre
Athy, Co. Kildare
Creating a new training centre while liaising with agencies such as Social Welfare, Obair and Action South Kildare to ascertain training needs for the area. Developing and delivering computer training and QQI modules up to a level 5. Implementing QQI policies and procedures and strictly adhering to guidelines. Managing and maintaining our yearly budget. Working to deadlines and maintenance of all trainees’ attendance records.
Course Co-Ordinator/Tutor September 2000 – January 2004
Creative Training ltd
Delivering full time and part-time training aimed at helping long term unemployed get back into the workforce.
Grade IV Clerical Officer November 1994 – September 2000
South Eastern Health Board
Working in many different areas of the Health Board, duties included - Receptionist, Clinic Secretary, Medical Secretary, P.A. to Hospital Manager
Rating Officer Grade IV July 1989 – October 1993
Westminster City Council
Working in the Rating/Poll Tax section of Westminster City Council. Collection and processing of commercial rates and poll tax payments.
Clerical Officer Grade III September 1986 – June 1989
Kent County Council
Interested in social issues and politics. Enjoy walking and the outdoor life.
social skills lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest communication lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, general studies lessons for all!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||€20||€15|