My teaching method is directive and practical. I tailor each lesson according to each individual. In teaching, it is important to me to know that when the lesson is completed the individual has an understanding of the work that was completed in the duration. If not I will continue the lesson until this is achieved.
I have a first class honours degree in Sociology and Psychology. I followed this with a Higher Diploma in Applied Psychology and have just completed a Masters in Psychotherapy. I currently tutor in University College Cork in these areas and work as a Psychotherapist also.
No charge for travel
1. 2013 -2016 Bachelors of Arts (Hons) (Level 8) University College Cork 1:1
Major: Sociology, Minor: Psychology
2. 2016-2018 Higher Diploma in Applied Psychology (Level 8) University College Cork 2:1
3. 2019-2021 Masters in Counselling and Psychotherapeutic Practice (Level 9)
Irish College of Humanities and Applied Sciences.
4. 2018-2020 Continued Professional Development courses;
Professional Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapya
Professional Certificate in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
Self Care; Mental Health; Lamh, Informing and supporting families of children with disabilities; HSE Best practice guidance for mental health services; TUSLA Children’s First.
Employer: SUAS – University College Cork
Dates: January – April 2017
• Volunteered as a paired reader with children with literacy problems in disadvantaged school.
• Attended training with Samaritans
• Group leader to a team of 8.
Employer: Matt Talbot Centre, Trawbeg Lawn, Douglas, Co. Cork.
Dates: June 2014 – May 2016
• Observed and participated in Mother’s and Father’s groups with Counselling Facilitator.
• Co-ordinated a four week course for the mothers of the dependent children teaching them beauty and body therapy techniques to help boost their confidence and help them feel better about themselves.
• Attended weekly clinical meetings
• General administration duties.
Employer: University College Cork
September 2019 to present
• I am employed as a University Tutor to undergraduate students teaching modules from Sociology, Applied Psychology, Religion, and Philosophy.
Employer: Barrog Healthcare
November 2020 to present
• Employed as a relief Aftercare Worker
• Supporting an 18 year old transgender individual in aftercare who transitioned from residential care.
• Helping individual with all aspects of developing life as a legal adult with finances, changing legal name, housing application, susi grants, making decisions on future education/career.
Employer: Self-employed as a part time Psychotherapist
• Using integrated psychotherapy with CBT, DBT, Person-centred therapy and psychoanalysis.
• Graduate member of Psychological Society of Ireland
• International member of American Psychological Association
• Pre-accredited member of Association of Professional Counsellors and Psychotherapists.
March 2020 to present
• Employed as a relief Social Care Worker and outreach worker
• Working with children and adolescents up to the age of 17 in residential care
• Helping children to engage in positive life experiences and engaging in aftercare before leaving residential care.
• Supporting children with family access, education and social activity.
• Emotionally supporting children during difficult times.
Employer: Nua Healthcare
Dates: February 2018 to May 2020
• Employed as Social Care Worker
• Person centred approach; Positive Behaviour Support
• Key worker to 27-year-old lady with Acquired Brain Injury, Hypomania and Mixed Personality Disorder
• Key worker to 38 year old lady with severe Acquired Brain Injury
• Facilitating family meetings between children and their relatives in order to re-establish relations.
• Member of core team working with children who have non-verbal ASD and adults with I.D.
• Designing programmes to implement and support service users’ integration into the community.
• Organise meetings and appointments with family members, speech and language, occupational therapy, art and music therapy, health service and much more.
• Design personal plans in conjunction with behavioural therapist, weekly key working sessions, monthly outcome targets and reports to be closed off
• Medication administration and obstetrics monitoring
Prior to retraining, I worked as an Accounts and Administrative assistant for almost 20 years. I gained a lot of experience in finances, accounting and am proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and general office duties.
• Developed research skills that can be applied to both psychological and sociological research from my undergraduate and postgraduate degrees;
• Enhanced communication skills and interpersonal skills when working in groups to produce a project on ethical issues in psychology and sociology;
• Strong organisation skills with ability to meet strict deadlines.
• Demonstrated effective problem solving, reasoning, lifelong learning and presentation skills when I co-ordinated several teams to put together different presentations.
• Strong report writing skills.
• Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Email, SPSS and Typing (60 wpm).
Interests and Achievements
• Awarded College Scholar award from University College Cork for receiving a first class honours degree in Sociology and Psychology;
• Awarded joint second place from University College Cork for my dissertation on child and adolescent mental health services in Ireland;
• Chairperson of Fermoy Basketball Club, play women’s basketball, coached Fermoy U14 boys basketball in the Cork League and currently coach U10 girls basketball and compete in friendly games;
• Keen gardener.
1. Nua Healthcare Services, The Atrium, Naas, Co. Kildare. (concealed information)
2. Deborah Power, Power Payroll, Fermoy, Co. Cork. (concealed information)
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||€15|