Hola! Being an overseas masters student, I've had some pretty amazing diverse experiences in learning and teaching styles in a few countries. As a student, I know that understanding the underlying concept of any process in science is the key to gain an expertise in that section. I can confidently help students up till the undergraduate level to study the exciting living world through video lectures, animations and hand written notes that will help them not only ace their examinations but also fall in love with science!
Being the president of my Department in my college, I was instrumental in directing my fellow classmates and juniors towards a balanced approach in achieving maximum in academics and co curricular. The biggest compliment came to me when several juniors gained a research fellowship at the best institutes in India because of the research proposal I helped them write.
University of Nottingham
Masters in Cancer Immunology and Biotechnology 2017-Present
-Miranda House, University of Delhi, Delhi 2014-2017
Bachelors of Science (Honours) Zoology CGPA: 9.5/10
*Class 1st and Class topper, in the aggregate of 4 semesters with GPA 9.90/10 in semester III and IV.
Huddard High School, Kanpur Year of passing-2012
Class10th board examination (‘O’level) CGPA: 9.5/10(90.14%)
Huddard High School, Kanpur Year of passing-2014
Class12th board examination (‘A’level) CGPA: 10/10(95.6%)
• Certificate for being in top 1% students of the country in Class 12th board examinations
• Award for Academic Excellence in Class 10th board examinations
• Recepient of the Developing Solutions Masters Scholarship awarded by the University of Nottingham
• Academic Prize for highest marks obtained in the aggregate of two years of the B.Sc course awarded by MirandaHouse
University of Delhi
• Dr. Saroj Kesar Meritorious Award for Highest marks in Physiology awarded by Miranda House, University of Delhi
• Recipient of the Meritorious Scholarship awarded by the University of Delhi for Academic Excellence.
• First position in the Biology Baseline Test conducted by DS Kothari Centre for Research and Innovation in Science Education
• Recipient of the prestigious Science Award 2016-17 awarded by the DS Kothari Centre for Research and Innovation in Science
• Third position in the Science Quest 2017 organised by Cluster Innovation Centre, University of Delhi along with First
position in the Interactive round I
• Second position in the Extempore Competition organised by TIFAC on its foundation day at IIT-Delhi on the topic- ‘Impact of
Exponential Technology on the future of Human Species’
• First position in the creative writing competition on ‘Modern Lifestyle and Health Implications’ organized by Zoology Society,
• Second position in the Science Quiz organized by Synapse, Department of Zoology, Miranda House
• First position in the Essay Writing and Poster Making competition on effective waste management during Fresher’s Talent
Search in Miranda House
• Best Speaker in the Debate Competition on “Ayurveda: hoax or science” organized by Synapse, Department of Zoology,
• Sophie Shukla Memorial Scholarship for Academic Excellence from 2009-2011
• Worked under Dr. M.C.Arunan on the Collaborative Undergraduate Biology Education (CUBE) project at Homi Bhabha Center
for Science Education, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Mumbai on the credibility of Drosophila as a model
• Summer Research Fellowship at Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (IITB) awarded by the National Academy of Sciences
India and Indian Academy of Sciences in the Department of Chemical Engineering under Prof. Ganesh Viswanathan on the
validation of nodes and determining gene ontology in manually curated TNF alpha signaling network and to elucidate TNF alpha
induced pErk1/2 dynamics
• ‘Eco-Friendly dyeing and finishing of textiles’ organized by Department of Zoology, Miranda House
• ‘Role of MHC in biology and medicine’ organized by Department of Zoology, Miranda House under the DBT Star College
• ‘Stem Cell Science and Application: Hype and Reality” Science-Setu workshop at Zakir Hussain Delhi College organized by
Zakir Hussain Delhi College in collaboration with National Institute of Immunology, Delhi
• ‘DNA Fingerprinting: Science Setu workshop’ at Hindu College in collaboration with National Institute of Immunology, Delhi
• Ielts score- 8.0
• Organized the Inaugural lecture on ‘Gynecological concerns in young adults’ and workshop on ‘Stress Management’
• Member of Ariels, the English Dramatics Society of Miranda House 2015-2016
• Won the Best Production and 1st runner up for Best Play at Rajpal, The English Theater Fest of St. Stephens 2016
• Selected as Best Speaker in the Debate Competition on “Odd- Even scheme in Delhi- Success or failure” organized by Synapse,
Department of Zoology
• 1st runner up in the Best Actor category in the English Dramatics Society Fresher’s Talent Search at Miranda House
• Stood first in the English Story Writing Competition in North Zone of Kanpur City in 2011
• Secured first position in a class of over 50 students from 4th to 10th standard and in 12th standard.
• Won gold medal for Kumite at VI Kanpur District Inter Public Schools Karate Championship-2006
• Actively volunteered in the organization of the annual fest ‘Impulse” organized by Synapse, Zoological Society, Miranda House
2015 and 2016
• Host of every event organized by Synapse, Zoological Society, Miranda House
POSITIONS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• President of the Department of Zoology, Miranda House, University of Delhi, Delhi for the academic year 2016-2017
• Captain of Emerald House, Huddard High School, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh 2013-2014
• Vice-Captain of Emerald House, Huddard High School, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh 2012-2013
Ms. Asima Abidi has been a very influential person in my life not only as a senior at school but also as a great friend. Not only has she helped me with my academics but also guided me on a personal status. She drew a pattern of smart studies for me. She recommended me some highly useful books. And very importantly introduced me the whole concept of research proposal writing. She taught me the minor nuances of writing the paper. She has also recommended me some quintessential online databases like Pubmed etc . about which I was not previously aware . She apprised me about internships and summer projects for science students and also avidly helped me apply through some of those. She has truly been a guiding light. Moreover, she has always provided an impetus to me to perform to every bit whenever I was low on enthusiasm or hope. And it's solely my pleasure to write a recommemdation for her. She is an erudite in her field and all those who get to be a part of her experience shall be benefitted amazingly well.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||€18||Not available||€14|
|5 hours||€88||Not available||€70|
|10 hours||€175||Not available||€140|