My teaching methodology depends on the student's needs.
I have successfully worked with the following Teaching approaches:
* Bilingual classrooms
(from Kindergarten to High School in Private Schools)
* Individual or in group private lessons
(purposes of studying abroad, attending Cambridge Exams or tutoring international students who are currently living abroad to improve their English for work and/or daily tasks)
I have 5 years of experience teaching English and Portuguese in the classroom and online. I have been in General English Courses here in Dublin so I believe my learning experience matches the ethos of similar teaching methodologies.
I am a certified TEFL/TESOL teacher, and I hold a diploma in Languages and Literature, as well as a Higher Education Certificate in English Language Teaching Methodology. At the moment, I am attending a Masters degree in Dispute Resolution.
Cancellation Policy: Students will be charged for the lesson if they don't provide a minimum of 48h notice.
In the case of group lessons, please contact me privately for further information (I offer deals).
Masters Degree: Dispute Resolution – CURRENT - Independent College – Dublin, Ireland
Certificate of International TEFL and TESOL training – ID Languages – Dublin, Ireland
Certificate of Higher Education: English Language Teaching Methodology – UNINTER
Diploma of Higher Education: Languages and Literature - Catholic University of Pelotas
Certificate of General English Course – C2 level Berlitz Dublin English Centre - Dublin, Ireland
My distinctions or awards:
• 2021 – How To Teach Online / FutureLearn
• 2021 – Introduction to Applied Linguistics and TESOL / University of Leicester
• 2020 – Language Assessment in the Classroom / British Council
• 2020 – Revive, Remix, Reform – The Role of Languages in Post–COVID Recovery / Weeklong Webinar, The English Show, British Council
• 2017 – Linguistic Improvement II
• 2017 – Workshop Coordinator “School to whom?”
• 2017 – Continuing Education Course in Children's Literature and Storytelling
• 2016 – Co-coordinator of the Initiation Project for Creativity and Child Literary interest
• 2015 - Interdisciplinary Dialogues in Applied Linguistics: Vozes do Sul / Month-long Seminar
• 2014 – “Literature to understand the World” / Fundacao Mauricio Sirotsky Sobrinho, FMSS
• 2014 – 2017 – Government–funded Project: Teaching Portuguese, Brazilian Literature and Exam Preparation for high school students
When I spoke with her, I thought that it will be fun! She teaches you the way that you never gonna forget! Elated to have her as my tutor! Definitely, I highly recommend her! The best!
Maithe is an amazing teacher. The classes are very dynamic and fun. She brings to the class lots of different options to learn, like texts, videos, app’s, music… I really recommend she!
A few years back, Maithe was one of the first teachers who really helped me improving my English. She was very attentive and gave me a lot of tips that helped with my learning. I highly recommend her lessons
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|