All classes are structured around the basis of understanding. The most important thing for me is that the students I teach have a full understanding of whats required of them. All aspects of the course are gone through and all notes gone over in class are made available to you. No question is silly and I will always be more than happy to look over work and give constructive feedback and comments.
I am an English and Drama graduate from University College Dublin. I also have an MA in Theatre Practice and Production from the National University of Ireland, Galway.
I have been teaching English grinds to primary and secondary school students since 2014.
I am also a business owner with an online platform providing classes in Creative Writing, English Grinds and Drama.
Junior Cert Classes are €35 and Leaving Cert are €45
PROFILE: A very hardworking and goal focused individual with a track record of achieving all aims required. A professional of both stage and television alongside working professionally and volunteering with children in areas of Theatre and Performance. An energetic and enthusiastic artist with experience working as both part of a team and as an individual.
• Excellent knowledge of computers and computer systems including: Expression Engine CMS, Mailchimp, Audacity, Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Google Sheets and Forms, Squarespace and Blacknight.
• Conversational Irish Speaker; Basic French
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
09/2016 – 08/2017: Masters in Theatre Practice and Production 2:1 – NUI Galway
Dissertation: The Drama Curriculum in the Modern Irish Primary School Classroom: Debating pedagogical benefits and responsibilities in terms of Curriculum, Policy, Teacher and therefore,Student.
Internships: Babroró International Arts Festival for Children and Branar Téatar do Pháistí
2013-2016: Bachelor of Arts – English and Drama 2:1 – University College Dublin
Thesis: The Impossibility of Communication in the Plays of Brian Friel
2010-2011: Diploma of Dance – The College of Dance
• 2016: Recipient of School of Humanities MA Scholarship
• 2015: Director of University College Dublin’s Musical Societies production of Jekyll and Hyde
• 2013: Successfully completed up to grade six in the Leinster School of Music Piano exams.
• 2012: Successfully completed with Distinction up to grade nine in the Royal Irish Academy of Drama Examinations.
• 2011: Attained Gold Medal LAMDA Examination for Drama.
• 2010: Attained grade 5 in Ballet from Royal Academy of Dance.
• 2008: All Ireland Quarter Finalist in Drama – Leinster School of Music and Drama.
• Full Drivers Licence
•October 2019 - Designated Liaison Person Training – Barnardos
• September 2017 – Advanced Radio Training Course in association with Christmas FM and Skylark Media
• May 2018 – TUSLA Children First Training
Owner/Director, Creative Connections: 01/2021 - Present
• Setting up company from scratch including Website build
• Advertising and Marketing
• Social Media Management
• Finance and Budgeting
• Liaising with Parents
• Teaching Creative Writing, Drama and English Grinds to students ages 8-18
• Day to day running of business
Creative Associate, Arts Council of Ireland : 09/2019 - Present
• Work with schools designated by the Arts Council
• Liaising with School Coordinators
• Attending training on behalf of the Arts Council
• Liaising with external artists on behalf of Creative School
• Scheduling meetings with School Coordinators
• Research and Planning on behalf of Creative School
• Survey creation and Report Writing
• Facilitating workshops within Creative School
Director, Young Dramatic Arts Youth Theatre Company : 07/2019 - Present
• Responsible for recruitment of all new members
• In charge of finance accounts and budgeting
• Planning a yearly programme for members
• Applying for grants and applications from local county councils
• Advertising and Marketing
• Child Protection Officer and Designated Liaison Person
• Liaising with external sources for workshops and expansion of the company
• Hiring venues for productions
• Facilitation of rehearsals and year round workshops for company members
• Producing a minimum of one production per annum
• Liaise with the Youth Theatre Officer of NAYD National Association for Youth Drama.
Teacher/Administrator, The Independent Theatre Workshop : 07/2019 - Present
• Teaching and creating lesson plans for Children and Young Adults performance disciplines in Creative Drama, Advanced Acting and Scene Study, Private Classes for Audition Preparation and Speech and Drama
• Preparing students for examinations with the Leinster School of Music
• Managing the ITW Casting Agency – ITW Management. This involved the updating of the ITW Management System, Collection of CV’s of all actors. Organising headshot photoshoots. Liaising with casting directors across Ireland and abroad. The filming and Submission of Self Tapes for actors. Sending of Invoices and Remittances for actors. Daily upkeep of email correspondence.
• Child Protection Officer and Designated Liaison person for ITW.
• Booking new students into ITW
• Returning emails and phone calls to clients and parents
• Correspondence with parents and students alike
• Creating Spreadsheets on Google Forms and Microsoft Excel to be distributed school wide and maintaining responses.
• ITW Website management and upkeep
• General Administration duties
• ITW COVID Compliance Officer – In charge of creating ‘C OVID Packs’ for each ITW Location. Management of Risk Assessment and in charge of collection and management of Back to Work and Class COVID 19 declaration forms.
Young Gaiety Tutor, The Gaiety School of Acting: 01/2019 - Present
• Teaching children and young adults in a variety of Singing, Acting and Dancing.
• Division and Execution of Lesson Plans.
• Preparing students for in-house and external productions.
Volunteer, Barretstown: 08/2014 - Present
• Returning annually for a weekend or week in the role of Volunteer Cara working with Children and Adults.
• Facilitating the execution of Therapeutic Recreation in all areas of day to day activity.
• Having responsibility for all areas of a child’s welfare.
English Grinds Teacher: 09/2014 – 09/2019
• Teaching students and Organising and managing a weekly schedule of classes.
• in both Junior Cert and Leaving Certificate English.
• Adapting to all levels of ability and competence of the English language.
Activity Leader, Barretstown: 06/2016 – 12/2018
• Facilitating the execution of Therapeutic Recreation for all children.
• Creating activity plans for ages ranging from toddler to teenager.
• Running activities in Drama and Music.
• Displaying the ability to adapt to different activities such as Adventure Games, Orienteering, Baking when necessary.
• Initiating hands on experience in all areas of a child’s wellbeing when necessary.
Drama and Drama Teacher, Summerhill Stage School, Play Act Drama School, Theatre Arts Performance School: 11/2015 – 06/2018
• Teaching and planning weekly lessons for children from age 6 – 13.
• Preparing students for Drama Exams.
• Choreographed dance routines of various styles.
Music/Dance/Drama Teacher & Head Leader, STARCAMP Summer Camps: 07/2015 – 08/2015
• Assigned activities and lesson plans to other teachers for each week.
• Organised selling of merchandise.
• Held accountable for all income from sales lodged into STARCAMP Bank Account.
• Filled out incident report forms.
• Taught children from ages 6-13 and organised weekly lessons plans
• Organised weekly lesson plans.
• Had the ability to change from Music to Dance to Drama Teacher.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, creative writing lessons for all!
Taking 11+ school exam preparation lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||€40|