I teach in a style that makes English fun and non-threatening so that my students are willing to put in the time and effort to complete their studies. I work according to the pace of my students as some may require more time than others and with this my teaching style is versatile in that I can teach almost anyone Cambridge Style English. I mostly give lessons to younger children around the ages of 11-16 as I believe at this age they just absorb everything given to them. I utilise a variety of websites and notes from my own studies to aid the learning of my students and ensure that at all times they enjoy what they are being taught as well as grasping the key concepts.
I work according to each child's curriculum. I am available to travel around London but if this is not possible I can offer lessons via Skype to those far from my residence and outside London. I am willing to travel 25km at most.
I have taught English in my former secondary school and I have taught Psychology in my former sixth form as I am regarded as very proficient in my essay writing. I taught these lessons non-professionally in that my school never paid me however my teachers did select me to lead my classes when it came to teaching them how to essay write and revise for upcoming exams. In terms of English, I managed to get 6 students A* in GCSE Literature and 3 A's in GCSE Language by teaching them from my notes and supporting them during revision. In Psychology, I taught revision classes and refreshers on a topic learnt a year before, here I managed to achieve 12 A - C grades for my fellow students on a specific paper that I had focussed on with them.
Personal Profile- I am an energetic, hardworking and ambitious individual, that is able to develop a responsible approach to any task that I undertake, or a situation I am presented with. I am able to work confidently as an individual and even as a team, by showing motivation at all times. I am also very optimistic and I express my full potential when on the working field. As well as being determined to accomplish my given expectations, I can be a very enthusiastic and funny individual, who is able to get along with all kinds of people varying from all ages, sexual orientation and background
Secondary Education: Capital City Academy (2010 -2015)
Sixth Form: Capital City Academy (2015-2017)
University: Brunel University (2017-date)
GCSE English Literature – A*
GCSE Religious Education – A*
GCSE English Language - A
GCSE Mathematics- B
GCSE Biology - B
GCSE Chemistry – B
GCSE Physics - B
GCSE Media - B
GCSE Geography - C
GCSE History – C
BTEC Physical Education - Merit
A Level Psychology - A
A Level Biology – B
A Level Chemistry – C
Work Experience/ Extra Activities-
• Salad Master Cardiff (2013) – In the summer of this year I had worked with my Aunt who had a managerial role in the Salad Master franchise in Cardiff. I accompanied her on trips to her clients where she would advertise Salad Master Crockery. I helped present the benefits of the product which in turn strengthened my marketing skills which would be beneficial in retail as not only could I answer the queries of customers but also to encourage them to purchase our products. This job also required a lot of dedication as we would make very long journeys to various areas of England in order to convince individuals why our product was the best.
• Reviewer and PR at TechReviewsUK.com (2013-2015) – with an interest in technology I applied to be a reviewer at Finley McGregor’s company. Here I was given the chance to review the latest technology on his now hiatus website. After writing a few reviews we gained the trust of larger companies such as Vodafone, EE and Samsung. This allowed me to become one of the PRs in the company. Using the marketing skills I had learnt in media, I wrote to many companies to convince them to lend us gadgets in order for us to review them. I enhanced my advertising skills, communication skills as well as my reliability and honesty as I ensured that the products were not only returned in great condition to the company but also that all reviews were my own honest opinions.
• Orange Jacket (2013 to 2015) - Whilst being a student in Capital City Academy, I was selected to become and Orange Jacket Leader, where I was given the responsibility to ensure a calm environment was maintained, sort out any disputes that occur amongst pupils and make sure that every person was following the instructions and guidelines that our school required every student to carry out. This increased my confidence, as I was one of the leaders, which allowed me to make decisions myself, based on my own instincts as well has enhancing my leadership skills. I was able to communicate with all backgrounds and ages ranging from teachers to year 7s.
• Chana Chemist 1 Month Placement (2015) - During the Summer 2015, I had decided to get some work experience in a Pharmacy, as it allowed me to gain extra knowledge in the medical field. From this placement I learnt the skill of orderliness as in the environment I was in every product and prescription had to be organised so that if a customer was to enquire of either, it was easily accessible. I also learnt honesty and reliability as I was in charge of handling money and orders at times where the manager was busy. I was placed under huge responsibility when giving the customers their prescription in that any wrong medicine give would have detrimental effects.
• Chana Chemist – (concealed information)2
• Salad Master Cardiff – (concealed information)9
• Orange Jacket at Capital City Academy – (concealed information)0
• Finley McGregor – (concealed information)
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest english literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literacy lessons for all!
Taking test prep lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|