My teaching is based around fun, interactive learning and engagement with the child. I want all children to reach their full potential. I can provide help to your child with homework, phonics, reading, writing, spelling, maths, Irish and any other areas that your child may require additional guidance.
I am a final year BA Early Childhood Care and Education Student. I have extensive professional experience working in a variety of early years settings', including primary schools an after school. My goal is to help children learn in a fun, friendly environment where they are encouraged to reach their full potential.
I am a highly motivated and enthusiastic final year B.A. Early Childhood Care & Education student. I
enjoy new challenges and can adapt easily to new situations and environments. I have strong
organisational skills, coupled with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a range of
stakeholders including children, parents, and colleagues.
2017 – 2021 Mary Immaculate College, South Circular Road, Limerick
Level 8 Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Early Childhood Care & Education
• Year 1: Foundation Studies in ECCE / Child, Family & Community 1 / Language Development in
Early Childhood / The Role of Play in Development / Effective Pedagogy for Early Learning / Child
Development / Child, Health & Well-Being 1 / Creative Music-Making in Early Years Curricula /
• Year 2: Child, Family & Community 2 / Child, Health & Wellbeing 2 / Creativity / The Early Years:
Historical & Philosophical Perspectives & Analysis / Models of Curriculum / Education Psychology
/ Language Acquisition & Early Literacy / Sociological & Global Perspectives in the Early Years /
• Year 3: Off-Campus Placement Professional Development / STEM in the Early Years /
Management 1: Policy for Early Childhood Education & Care Management / Research Methods /
Cultural & Linguistic Diversity: Implications for Professional Practice / Including Children with
Special Needs in the Early Years
• Year 4: Management 2: Early Childhood Education & Care Leadership & Management / Advanced
Issues in Child Psychology / Curriculum & Pedagogy: Birth to Three / Curriculum & Pedagogy:
Three to Six Years / Dissertation / School-aged Childcare / Professional Development
- Undergraduate Dissertation: ‘Examining Death in Children’s Picture Books’.
Undergraduate Professional Placements
Year Professional Development Early Years’ Setting Grade
Year 1 Professional Development 2 Groveland’s, IDA Business Park, Athlone, Co. Westmeath
Year 2 Professional Development 3 Cute & Clever Pre-school, Lisnagry, Limerick
Year 3 Professional Development 5 Ballybay N.S., Kiltoom, Athlone, Co. Roscommon
Year 3 Professional Development 6 Curraghboy N.S., Curraghboy, Athlone, Co. Roscommon
Year 4 Professional Development 7 Future Heroes Childcare, Ballinacura Rd., Limerick
Skills and Qualifications
• Garda vetted.
• Excellent ICT skills including proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well
as familiar with a range of social media. Competent e-mail and internet user. Competent with
WordPress Website Design & Programming.
• Trained in Manual Handling.
• Qualified in First Aid and Paediatric First Aid.
• Completed ‘Introduction to Children First’ e-Learning programme.
• Completed ZSA Suicide Awareness Training.
• Completed Introduction to Creative Mindfulness for Kids programme.
• Fundraised for The Mater Foundation – 100 miles in a month (February 2021).
• Completed the THRIECE online programme.
• Completed the Open University Listening to Young Children: Supporting Transition course.
• Completed the Open University Understanding Children: Babies being Heard course.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||€15|