With an English (emphasis on Education) B.A. degree, a Cross-Cultural B.A., and training in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), you can be sure I can provide students with tailored tools for each students' success.
'96 graduate in Cross-Cultural Ministry
'00 classes from University of Maryland in TESOL
'04 graduate in English
I've taught for over twenty (20) years. To my present students, great news! I'm much, MUCH better now!
That was a bit of a joke... but seriously, let's learn and laugh together! English is a fun language. Let's use it to listen and have fun as I help you grow your Reading, Writing, and Comprehension.
Rates are negotiable.
Mobile: (concealed information)
Objective – secure a part-time position in training and teaching.
1. Twenty (20) years of Teaching English (ESOL, etc.), Drama, Social Studies, & others (details below)
2. Six (6) years of Managing Email and Marketing Automation campaigns, via Marketo, Pardot, etc.
3. Over fifteen (15) years’ work in utilizing High ROI Marketing, especially Email and Automation
4. Four (4) years’ experience as Event Lead and Trainer for home improvement exhibitors
Bachelor of Arts: English, Education emphasis, Evangel University, Springfield, MO
Bachelor of Arts: Cross-Cultural Ministry major, English minor, Central Bible College, Springfield, MO
Teaching History (Many jobs were held simultaneously.)
- Middle School English Teacher, 2004-05: School District of Hillsborough Cty., Tampa, Florida area
- Life Skills Teacher,1999-2002: Capitol Heights (MD) Teen Challenge
- Student Athlete Tutor,1999-2000: University of Maryland Athletic Dept. Education Services- training in test taking, English, communications, literature, writing, and history
- Onsite Staff/Teacher, 1996-1998: Wheeling (WV) Teen Challenge – home for teens with addictions
- Children’s Teacher,1999 to Present: Cornerstone Assembly of God – two to four (2-4) times a month, teaching boys and girls below ten (10) years, using fun and active ways to teach life skills
- Convoy of Hope Europe Teacher/Worker, 2010-12: built and taught in Moldova
Streampoint Solutions, Inc., Toronto, Ontario, Canada & Washington, DC, USA
Salesperson, DC Office – 6/2017 to present
Streampoint creates registration, housing tools, and other event tech for associations’ annual meetings.
- Managing outreach to association prospects, through live events, emails, and phone calls
- Qualifying leads and setting appointments with prospects
- Demonstrating Registration solutions to qualifying prospects, and fulfilling sales via proposals
Integrity Home Pro, Bowie, MD
Events Lead and Trainer – 4/2013 to present
Integrity remodels interior and exteriors of homes throughout the Washington, DC area.
- Managing Integrity’s marketing through six to twelve (6-12) consumer shows a year
- Gathering qualified leads among homeowners/show attendees for in-home price quotes
- Training Booth Staff to effectively meet and qualify prospects with home improvement needs
Higher Logic, Arlington, VA
Inside Sales Representative – 4/2015 to 8/16
Higher Logic is an online creator of online communities for 620 associations and corporations. Their Software as a Service (SaaS) platform helps groups and the public to collaborate.
- Scheduling Demonstration Appointments, exceeding quota six of last nine (6/9) months
- Contacting prospects via forty-plus (40+) cold calls a day
- Develop and execute new strategies for generating better leads from trade shows and networking
Hatch Marketing & Consulting LLC (HMC), Crofton, MD
Director of Sales, Marketing, & Training – 8/2008 to 10/15
Sales, marketing, and corporate training (e.g., CRM’s & trade shows) for the event and exhibit industry.
- Provided sales support and managed Marketing Automation programs and campaigns
- Sold and managed new accounts and their business development and marketing campaigns
- Created campaigns using Email Marketing, website updates blogs and vlogs, and advertising
- Improved clients’ Live B2B Events, CRM’s, & web marketing
Project/Contract Examples during time with HMC
American Chemical Society (ACS), the association of 163,000 chemists, contracted to sell job listings (on ACS’ ChemistryJobs.ACS.org website) and C&EN Magazine ads (circulation: 115,000).
(HMC Projects continue, next page)
(HMC Projects continued)
- Co-created a new business model and sales strategies in May 2014.
- Executed plan and exceeded sales quotas and revenue goals by twenty percent (20%).
- Based on new plan, by July, generated $109K in sales (ACS’s 2nd best month since 2011).
- August generated $127K in sales (ACS’s best month since 2008).
- September exceeded $90K, the best (post-Annual event) sales month since 2007.
National Sheriffs’ Association (NSA) of Arlington, VA, contracted HMC to restart and accelerate trade show booth space sales for their struggling Spring exhibition.
- Prospected and sold 82 exhibit spaces in eight (8) week window (February to April 2015)
a2z, Inc., Columbia, MD
Sales Associate, Event Management Software - 1/2007 to 8/08; 4/2000 to 8/02
(left a2z in 2002 to earn second degree, then in 2008, to launch HMC)
a2z develops SaaS exhibition and conference management and marketing tools for 1,000 shows yearly.
- Qualified sales leads, via 3,000 calls to executives and 500 face-to-face meetings
- Sold web-based exposition and conference management software to event organizers
- Presented demos and grew clientele (2007-8) from three hundred to four hundred fifty (300-450)
- Increased size of clientele from zero (in 2000) to 100 (in 2002)
J. Spargo and Associates, Fairfax, VA
Business Development Manager, Exhibits - 4/2006 to 1/07
JSA manages and markets twenty-five (25) yearly expositions since 1970, including Armed Forces Communications & Electronics Association (AFCEA) and National League of Cities.
- Telemarketing and lead generation of highly qualified c-level leads for JSA senior sales team
National Trade Productions, Alexandria, VA
Exhibit Space Sales - 7/2005 to 4/2006 (contract position)
NTP produces and manages 20 yearly events for associations and companies and their GOVGREEN show.
- C-level prospecting for NTP’s senior sales staff: over one hundred (100) phone calls weekly
- Contracted five (5) times to sell GOVSEC, DEMA Show (twice), TS2, & APWA Public Works Expo.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest english literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, creative writing lessons for all!
Taking preparation for business school lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|