A culturally aware, adventurous graduate who is passionate about sharing knowledge. I studied English for over 12 years which culminated in a 2.1 in English Literature and Media and A's at GCSE and A Level.
Also, working in unfamiliar surroundings has enabled me to become an independent, unnerved person who relishes the opportunity to work with people from different backgrounds and cultures, enhanced by living in Germany and Japan. I have 120 hour TEFL qualification, and I have taught at a Japanese summer school and want to continue to improve people's English abilities.
More than 40 hours of tutoring experience one to one and at a higher education college. I have been providing lessons since the beginning of the year and my high ratings and reviews are available on Tutora. I specialise in improving students' confidence and abilities in English by tailoring lessons to their needs and giving advice for exams and general improvements to their work.
Profile: A culturally aware, adventurous graduate who is passionate about education, as it is the most effective way of changing one's life circumstances. I have also attained unspoken knowledge, such as the qualities of being interpersonal and empathetic from my time spent at a mental health and children’s charity. Also, working under the pressure of deadlines and being in unfamiliar surroundings has enabled me to become an independent, unnerved person who relishes the opportunity to work with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures, as demonstrated by my experience living in Germany and Japan.
120-hour TEFL certificate - 20 hours in classroom (awarded by De Montfort University in August 2017)
GCSE/A Level English Tutor, Tutora Ltd, and Higher Education College, Leicester
• Teaching abilities: One to one teaching to improve students' knowledge of GCSE English to attain higher grades, tailor lessons to students' needs, suggest how to improve their grades. Meeting within people’s homes- five stars reviews available online.
• Pupil Capabilities: Work with students from under achieving and challenging backgrounds to help them achieve the required national grade. In a classroom environment working with the lead teacher to provide extra help to those who require it.
2013-2017 De Montfort University (1 year abroad)
Studied BA Joint (Hons) English Literature and Media – achieved 2.1 (upper second class)
June 2017-August 2017 Meisei University Tokyo, Japan
Exchange student studied: Japanese Language and Culture – included teaching English to children at Meisei summer school
2015-2016 Heinrich Heine University Duesseldorf, Germany
Exchange student studied: BA English and American Studies, A1 German
2011- 2013 Halesowen College
A Levels achieved in June 2013
English Literature and Language: Grade A, Media Studies: Grade B, Geography: Grade C
M arch – June 2014 - RECOVERY (charity), Leicester
Volunteer, Office Assistant
• Negotiating: Telephone and email charity partners and members to confirm fundraising locations
• Evaluation: Editing/proofreading charity posters and newsletters
• Integrity: Attending fund-raising events
June – July 2014 – ACCR (Evolution of the English Language Project) –Lottery Funded, Birmingham
Volunteer, Media Officer (Website and Social Media Maintenance, Video Summaries)
• Independence: Updating social media channels and the charity’s website
• Decision making: Researching and selecting relevant news articles to fit the websites’ purpose
• Diligence: Completing transcripts and summaries of project interviews, later archived into Birmingham Library
June- September 2014- The Social Breakfast, Birmingham
Volunteer, Community Journalist
• Written Communication: Portfolio of work published online, surrounding issues on social mobility
• Advising: YouTube advice channel on saving money. (Myles’ Money Tips)
• Individuality: Designed and coordinated my own project investigating the societal impacts of the governments’ changes from DLA to Personal Independence Payment (PIP).
• Listening/ questioning: Interview with a leading charity representative in relation to my study, edited using Apple Software
June- September 2014
Volunteer, Admin/Events Assistant, Action for Children, Birmingham
• Verbal communication (working with children): Team member at Teddy Bear Picnic Jump in Birmingham City Centre
• Attention to detail: Verify and check information on charity databases for partners of the charity
September 2014 – May 2015
Volunteer, International Study Buddy, De Montfort University
• Flexibility: Help introduce new students to the new city and surroundings around my academic schedule
• Sensitivity: Share my personal experiences to the benefit of others
September 2014 – January 2015
Volunteer, My UniPal Peer Mentor, De Montfort University
• Organisation: Plan my strategies and review meetings with my mentees (new university students)
• Problem solving: Direct mentees towards the solutions to university issues
January – June 2015
Secretary, Dodgeball Society Committee, De Montfort University
• Initiative: Liaise with local universities to organize sporting tournaments
• Teamwork: Respected input in meetings in respect to the future direction of the society
• Leadership/being personable: Team captain of Varsity B team and keep society members contented
June- September 2015
Music Festival Staff, PeopleLine Recruitment, Birmingham
• Customer service: Provide information to customers and maintain positive attitude and rapport with festival goers
• Good hygiene practices: Maintain cleanliness of festival toilets and keep public areas free of rubbish and safe for the public
Festival Maker, The Birmingham Weekender, Birmingham
• Rapport with members of the public: Provide directions, information and leaflets
Freshers' Rep, De Montfort University,
• Working under pressure: Answering the concerns of new students, creating a sociable, friendly atmosphere with other students, dealing with requests, providing information
Hobbies and Interests: In my spare time, I have a passion for football, viewing and actively going to football matches, having been a supporter of my local team for over fifteen years. I have been the secretary of the DMU Dodgeball society, as well having travelled to over forty countries; as I am enthralled by being placed in unfamiliar surroundings. This is because of my pleasure of being forced to leave one's comfort zone.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, english literature lessons for all!
Taking creative writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||€21||€21|