Each session is based around the individual and their needs. I take a history and build a positive relationship with each person so that I have a better understanding of their needs. Once I have this information, I can then begin to teach positive reframing.
I am a Psychotherapist with a background in Psychology and Sociology. I am currently self employed as a Psychotherapist and also work with children in the care system. I teach people how to reframe their thought behaviour using integrated therapy.
Prap Cottage, Kildinan, Co. Cork
Tel: (concealed information) Email: (concealed information)
1. 2013 -2016 Bachelors of Arts (Hons) (Level 8) University College Cork 1:1
Major: Sociology, Minor: Psychology
2. 2016-2018 Higher Diploma in Applied Psychology (Level 8) University College Cork 2:1
3. 2019-2021 Masters in Counselling and Psychotherapeutic Practice (Level 9)
Irish College of Humanities and Applied Sciences.
4. 2018-2020 Continued Professional Development courses;
Professional Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapya
Professional Certificate in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
Self Care; Mental Health; Lamh, Informing and supporting families of children with disabilities; HSE Best practice guidance for mental health services; TUSLA Children’s First.
Employer: SUAS – University College Cork
Dates: January – April 2017
• Volunteered as a paired reader with children with literacy problems in disadvantaged school.
• Attended training with Samaritans
• Group leader to a team of 8.
Employer: Matt Talbot Centre, Trawbeg Lawn, Douglas, Co. Cork.
Dates: June 2014 – May 2016
• Observed and participated in Mother’s and Father’s groups with Counselling Facilitator.
• Co-ordinated a four week course for the mothers of the dependent children teaching them beauty and body therapy techniques to help boost their confidence and help them feel better about themselves.
• Attended weekly clinical meetings
• General administration duties.
Employer: University College Cork
September 2019 to present
• I am employed as a University Tutor to undergraduate students teaching modules from Sociology, Applied Psychology, Religion, and Philosophy.
Employer: Barrog Healthcare
November 2020 to present
• Employed as a relief Aftercare Worker
• Supporting an 18 year old transgender individual in aftercare who transitioned from residential care.
• Helping individual with all aspects of developing life as a legal adult with finances, changing legal name, housing application, susi grants, making decisions on future education/career.
Employer: Self-employed as a part time Psychotherapist
• Using integrated psychotherapy with CBT, DBT, Person-centred therapy and psychoanalysis.
• Graduate member of Psychological Society of Ireland
• International member of American Psychological Association
• Pre-accredited member of Association of Professional Counsellors and Psychotherapists.
March 2020 to present
• Employed as a relief Social Care Worker and outreach worker
• Working with children and adolescents up to the age of 17 in residential care
• Helping children to engage in positive life experiences and engaging in aftercare before leaving residential care.
• Supporting children with family access, education and social activity.
• Emotionally supporting children during difficult times.
Employer: Nua Healthcare
Dates: February 2018 to May 2020
• Employed as Social Care Worker
• Person centred approach; Positive Behaviour Support
• Key worker to 27-year-old lady with Acquired Brain Injury, Hypomania and Mixed Personality Disorder
• Key worker to 38 year old lady with severe Acquired Brain Injury
• Facilitating family meetings between children and their relatives in order to re-establish relations.
• Member of core team working with children who have non-verbal ASD and adults with I.D.
• Designing programmes to implement and support service users’ integration into the community.
• Organise meetings and appointments with family members, speech and language, occupational therapy, art and music therapy, health service and much more.
• Design personal plans in conjunction with behavioural therapist, weekly key working sessions, monthly outcome targets and reports to be closed off
• Medication administration and obstetrics monitoring
Prior to retraining, I worked as an Accounts and Administrative assistant for almost 20 years. I gained a lot of experience in finances, accounting and am proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and general office duties.
• Developed research skills that can be applied to both psychological and sociological research from my undergraduate and postgraduate degrees;
• Enhanced communication skills and interpersonal skills when working in groups to produce a project on ethical issues in psychology and sociology;
• Strong organisation skills with ability to meet strict deadlines.
• Demonstrated effective problem solving, reasoning, lifelong learning and presentation skills when I co-ordinated several teams to put together different presentations.
• Strong report writing skills.
• Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Email, SPSS and Typing (60 wpm).
Interests and Achievements
• Awarded College Scholar award from University College Cork for receiving a first class honours degree in Sociology and Psychology;
• Awarded joint second place from University College Cork for my dissertation on child and adolescent mental health services in Ireland;
• Chairperson of Fermoy Basketball Club, play women’s basketball, coached Fermoy U14 boys basketball in the Cork League and currently coach U10 girls basketball and compete in friendly games;
• Keen gardener.
1. Nua Healthcare Services, The Atrium, Naas, Co. Kildare. (concealed information)
2. Deborah Power, Power Payroll, Fermoy, Co. Cork. (concealed information)
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||€25|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||€125|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||€250|