- 01. Are Boxing Lessons worth the money?
- 02. Some of the benefits are really priceless!
- 03. The Price of Boxing
- 04. Which Factors Affects The Cost Of Boxing Lessons?
- 05. Sometimes it’s worth paying more for boxing lessons!
- 06. Are There Any Packages to Save you some money?
- 07. Average Prices of Boxing Classes in Ireland
- 08. What Additional Costs are There to Be Aware of Before Starting Boxing Training?
- 09. Take the first step with boxing lessons from Superprof!
If you are looking for boxing lessons, then look no further than Ireland. The country has asserted itself as one of the top countries in the world for both professional and immature boxing, despite its small population. You'll have little trouble finding the right classes to suit your own respective ability and goals in the sport. Let's take a look at both the surface and hidden costs associated with partaking in the sport.
Although we could make a list or a table of the level of monetary investment required to practice various beloved sports, we could also probably guess the most expensive: sailing or horseback riding (our guess).
Although we may not think about it often, boxing also holds a monetary value and comes at a cost to the practitioner.
Often historically considered a sport for the impoverished demographic and lower classes - boxing for beginners, is growing in popularity and expense.
Physically and mentally the expense is obvious. We must accept to give and receive blows, and perhaps take more blows than we can give. However, boxing also has an economic cost.
It is the monetary investment of learning to box that we now address.
The investment is plentiful but remains within the reach of ordinary mortals and the common man.
- How much does a boxing class cost?
- Are there other costs for equipment?
There is a price difference between training in the city and the countryside, as well as between training in a gym (through classes), in a boxing club, or via private boxing coaches or personal training.
Are Boxing Lessons worth the money?
If you are trying to justify spending your hard-earned money on boxing lessons, then it is important that you first realise the value that it can bring to your life. For this reason, I’ll kick things off by providing some of the benefits that boxing can have on your lifestyle, that you might not have formerly considered.
There are countless health benefits that come from boxing and its associated training methods, particularly if you are implementing them into your routine on a regular basis.
This is true for both the advanced and beginner ends of a boxing training regime, so don’t worry if you don’t plan on taking your training too seriously. Who knew that something so fun could be so good for you?
Let’s now address the elephant in the room, many of us that get boxing lessons, actually have little intention of ever stepping foot in the ring! Perhaps the most common reason that we get into boxing in the first place, it because it is quite simply a lot of fun!
If you are like most people that take up boxing, it likely has a lot to do with its ability to burn calories. If you practice shadow boxing for as little as thirty minutes just three times a week, you likely Won’t have to worry about everyday exercise. So boxing lessons could give a lot of time back to your schedule too!
Boxing is an incredibly physically stimulating and exhausting form of exercise that has the ability to reduce stress dramatically. Many boxers will testify about how they often use the training as a tool to help them overcome tension and free themselves from the worries of the day.
It is no secret that many people use boxing as a means of elevating their mood. Just think how many times you have let go of all your frustrations of the workday world on the gyms punching bag in the past… incorporating the training into your daily regime will help boost your heart rate and tackle the day head-on, it will always put a smile on your face.
When you decide to start to practise a sport like boxing, you must be aware of the money that you will be spending.
The investment that will have to be put forward to achieve your athletic goals.
Some of the benefits are really priceless!
Learning to box also teaches you a lot about discipline. If you put a few years into your training and attain an advanced level of boxing you should really be proud of yourself. Boxing is a sport that takes time, patience and requires a substantial about of dedication.
There will often be times where you get frustrated from not being able to see results but have to continue putting the work in and trust the process.
These are valuable learnings that are certainly applicable in other walks of life. There will be times during your training in the gym where you are not getting the results that you would have hoped for. The important thing is that you are not discouraged by this and continue to work hard and progress.
After all, boxing is a tactical sport that requires a well-thought-out strategy if you want to beat your opponent. Despite getting the odd knock to the head, boxing has actually been found to improve your retention and overall cognitive functioning which will help you to perform better in other sports. You can see why it is such a popular choice amongst athletes and definitely justifies the expense!
The Price of Boxing
When you go to a club, a gym, or when you visit a private coach for the first time, the first thing addressed will be the rate of payment.
Obviously, this rate will be the first criteria to discover if the training outlet is the right one for you.
Some gyms offer fitness classes and equipment free with their memberships, otherwise, it can cost about €20 a lesson in a specialised boxing gym.
You will see that there are economic ways to practice boxing!
Which Factors Affects The Cost Of Boxing Lessons?
There are various factors that you and a coach must consider before committing to a training schedule.
For one, you'll need to consider why you are looking for lessons. Is it to get fit? To become stronger? For self-defence? To train for a fight?
You must make your goals clear to your prospective tutor right from the start so that they can sensibly put together a plan for your development. Inform your tutor of any relevant experience too, including of course if you are already proficient in boxing.
Other things that may affect the cost of your boxing classes, for better or worse are:
- Class Size: In a sport like boxing, you'll most likely be choosing between one-to-one private boxing lessons or group classes, the latter may feel a bit more like an exercise class than a training class (particularly if you opt for something like Boxercise). There are benefits to each: you'll probably pay less for a group session but, on the other hand, you'll probably benefit much more from private tuition. Group lessons are a great choice if you are just starting out.
- Frequency of Lessons: Most boxing terms are composed of a session per week running over several weeks. But depending on what your end goal is, this length may vary and you may have additional sessions scheduled in between. You may also find that you love the sport and want to continue indefinitely, in which case term dates go out of the window! You may need to bump up your routine to reach time-sensitive goals, like if you are preparing for a tournament. You can train as often as every day of the week if you and your coach feel it necessary (and if you can afford it financially!).
- Time: Boxing lessons are usually about one hour long. This is usually enough physical activity at once for beginners, but if you want to really perfect your technique fast then you may like to extend this on the odd occasion (or if you are unavailable to train the following week, for example). Just bear in mind that your tutor probably charges for his or her services by the hour so longer sessions may require an additional fee!
- Instructor’s Experience: Obviously, you’ll want to ensure the person leading your lessons is trained and qualified, but the level of experience they have will also add to the amount you pay. Check that your instructor is registered as a boxing coach and has taken relevant training and courses to ensure that the quality of instruction you receive is up to standards and correct.
- Student’s Experience: Your experience may affect how much a trainer charges to train you. An experienced instructor can teach you the basics, such as proper posture and the correct way to hold your hands, and may not charge you the full whack unless you are after a more challenging teaching style. Even though most tutors will have a standard rate per hour, they may need to increase this if they are training you up for a fight as their reputation is at stake!
- Location: If you choose to attend lessons in a gym, then the price will no doubt be lower as the instructor will only be paying for the hire of the room and equipment. However, if you train with a tutor in their home gym or at a private studio then they may have bigger overheads to cover. Geographically, a class held in Dublin will generally cost more than in rural areas.
Sometimes it’s worth paying more for boxing lessons!
Starting out learning how to box can be a daunting experience for even the most athletic and skilled students. It can be particularly difficult to figure out where to find the right tutor to help you accomplish your goals in the language. Having a piano tutor can even help to put your mind at ease during the build-up to the leaving cert music practical.
Getting help from a professional boxing teacher can provide students with some much-needed guidance on how best to prepare for that upcoming fight, the dreaded preliminary weigh-ins, the associated dieting requirements, or even just to help you mix up your training regime in order to shed those pounds!
One thing is for sure, you will certainly be saving some valuable time in the process. If you decide to try out a Superprof tutor, they will provide some accountability to your workout regime which often results in your efforts becoming more consistent ad sustainable in the long run!
Boxing is a fun way to exercise and it is also widely known to be one of the best forms. Believe it or not the sport doesn’t always have to be practised in a gym in front of everyone.
Boxing can also be practised alone in front of a mirror, being alone when you dance can leave you feeling present and mindful and is a great way to wind down while brushing up on your technique. Bear in mind that it is best that you have an experienced instructor alongside you to correct your form and help you to nip any of those bad habits in the bud!
You can find your private coach or instructor via sites like Superprof, but also on individual or professional announcements (at your gym, club and local associations).
Are There Any Packages to Save you some money?
Gym Memberships: Very Practical for Long Term Practice
To open the practice to the general public, boxing clubs have changed their method of approach. Like with any other type of gym you can enjoy subscriptions. Monthly, quarterly, or even yearly.
There are even formulas à la carte, with a predefined number of courses. For example cards of ten, fifteen or even twenty courses. So you can modulate according to your availability, and especially according to your physical condition. Because to be able to box you must also be able to function at your maximum physical capacity.
Average Prices of Boxing Classes in Ireland
There is, of course, a difference between the prices offered in the capital, and those in smaller cities.
- Average price: €12 - €15 (Group Class) / €30 (One on One)
- Lowest price: €10
- Highest price: €60
Look for a Savate or "boxercise class near me" to find the best rates for your region.
What Additional Costs are There to Be Aware of Before Starting Boxing Training?
In all sports a correct practice requires equipment. And as much as we wish it was, the kit is never free. For footballers, it is necessary to have shin guards, uniforms, and more, and for boxing, it's exactly the same thing. Within your budget, you will have to anticipate certain purchases. Some are obvious and mandatory. The others may be less obvious, but you will have to deal with them too, so it's important to talk about them.
Discover the physical benefits of women's boxing classes!
Practice Material: What Boxing Equipment Do You Need?
Boxing and its hard practice require a lot of equipment.
Part of this equipment can be provided by the gym (such as a jump rope, weights, or punching bag) or by the coach you choose to train with, but for some things, the cost may necessarily fall upon your shoulders.
Let's see the material you will need to flourish in the paradise of Mohammed Ali or Joe Frazier, for whatever type of boxing you choose.
- Boxing Gloves
- Under-gloves and mittens
- Chest protector
- Shin pads
- Knee and elbow pads (for Thai boxing and mixed martial arts)
- Boxing helmet
- Cup (for men especially, but also for women's boxing classes)
- Boxing shoes
- Boxing shorts
The Cost Of Boxing Equipment
It's all very well having a list of things you need to buy for boxing classes, but how much does this boxing equipment cost on top of the boxing club cost?
Palpable Medical Costs and Miscellaneous Price Tags
Before starting a sport, whatever it may be, you may need the green light from your doctor.
Make sure you're healthy before you start training, some gyms and programs may require a medical certificate as proof of health. Boxing training is both intensive and exhaustive and should not be taken lightly.
You must also be aware that like in any sport, boxing practice comes with the risk of personal injury.
Medical expenses can (and probably should) be taken into account.
Finally, know too, that you will invest in other areas - mentally and psychologically.
This sport requires a maximum desire and commitment to the practice. This investment, non-palpable and non-financial is at least as important as the previous ones which are only doors to open.
If for whatever reason you find yourself lacking inspiration, you should consider taking a trip to your local boxing gym or get lost watching highlight clips of some of the county’s greats. This will surely go a long way towards rekindling your love for boxing and maybe even remind you why you decided to go down this road in the first place.
By combining the two, you will enjoy a very rewarding and complete sport.
See here the best boxing classes for women.
Take the first step with boxing lessons from Superprof!
Having an experienced boxing coach to practice your performance in front of and coaching students on best practice techniques are just some of the benefits that surface with the assistance of a boxing mentor. With the help of a Superprof you’ll progress through the ranks and become a competent boxer in no time!
You can also work with your boxing coach to organise the layout of your sessions. Not all of these lessons necessarily have to take place in the ring or in the gym. Online tutoring will also present you with the opportunity to learn from the comfort of your own home on a remote basis via webcam and pre-recorded video sessions.
This can make it a lot easier to practice your technique by yourself and is a great help if you feel that you want to up your game beforehand.
Through Superprof a student can select their tutor to best suit their particular needs, allowing them to better target their weaknesses and become a more well-rounded boxers.
The hourly rate of tutoring for boxing lessons with a Superprof tutor in Ireland typically ranges from about €12 right up to €30 an hour, with some tutors offering a reduced rate for a higher quantity of sessions. Many tutors offer their first lesson for free, giving students the opportunity to try out the service before making any commitments.
Having the assistance of an experienced mentor to work through your training alongside will help you to perform in the extensive range of drills and exercises that you will be partaking in throughout your training. This is really important for boxers of all ages and abilities and will help you to excel both inside and outside of the ring!
You’ll be well on your way to achieving peak fitness with immaculate boxing form much sooner than you would think with help from one of Superprof’s experience boxing tutors, so why not give it a try today, what have you got to lose?
The platform that connects tutors and students