I am a Philosophy Postgraduate with an Undergraduate Degree from a top 10 UK University.
I ran the University Philosophy society, and provided a weekly Philosophy seminar aimed at non-Philosophy students, teaching basic topics in Philosophy. I have experience presenting my papers at conferences.
My research area covers Logic Language and Metaphysics, with a background in other major areas such as Ethics, Aesthetics, Phenomenology and Existentialism, Mind. I know several logics, including methods of axiomatic and natural deduction and meta proofs.
In addition to Philosophy, have an A* A level in Psychology and have studied Philosophy of Psychology.
As a teacher, I am especially able to clarify arguments, place them in the larger landscape and direct to further reading and resources.
I have taught philosophy to non philosophy students on a casual voluntary basis for a year. This was a two-hour weekly session, with the first half presenting on and discussing a philosophical topic, and the second half open to free discussion of attendees philosophical questions.
The University of Manchester BA (Hons) Philosophy, 2:1 2013 – 2017
• Time management and organisation developed as a commuter student, with caring responsibilities and voluntary working commitments.
• Active involvement in University community, through role as Philosophy Society Chair, and member of Student Parents and Carers society and Living at Home Students society. Attended Living at Home residential 2016, part of Open Minds 2016 organising committee, paper selected for presentation at CEU Ethics and Politics conference 2016.
• Studied Formal Logic each year; learned the languages of Predicate, Propositional, Modal and Higher Order Logics. Applied Logic, Critical Thinking, used to analyse quality of arguments.
• Studied Ethics each year; completed a dissertation in Ethics and presented academic paper in Ethics at a conference. Familiar with corporate ethical issues and understanding sensitive cases.
• ICT skills; developed advanced MS Office use; to basic macro, mail merge and pivot table levels. Used custom research software to find academic sources and cite them correctly.
Runshaw College Leyland 2011-2013
3 A Levels: Psychology A* Philosophy A* Politics B, 2 AS: Sociology B Critical Thinking B
GCSE: Parklands High School Chorley 2010-2011
11 GCSE’s, 7 A*’s 3 A’s 1 B, includes A* in English and A in Mathematics, A*A in ICT.
School Prefect (2010-2011)
Speed Medical Examination Services: Administrator 2012-2013
• Administrator in an active open-office environment at a medical reporting agency.
• Member of the Rehab team; triage calls to clients, customer service skills and element of sales.
• Secondary responsibility; communication with Solicitors and Medical Experts, i.e. chasing outstanding items, booking/confirming appointments, confirmation/rectification of information.
• Problem solving skills, time-constrained environment, meeting conversion targets and volume targets.
NCT Chorley and Leyland: Parent Support Co-Ordinator 2015-2016, (General Volunteer 2016-Present)
Highly Commended Parent Supporter 2016 award
• Leadership Role with Local Charity
• Oversaw 3-8 weekly support groups, supervised team of 3 group leaders
Attended extra training at monthly team meetings and Babble! Live, including volunteer recruitment training.
• Volunteering behind the scenes and front facing at events such as the nearly new sale, building customer service.
• Invented and started the creation of, a ‘volunteer pack’ with information for new branch volunteers
The University of Manchester Philosophy Society: President 2016-2017
• Elected to manage the university academic Philosophy society for the academic year 2016-2017.
• Implemented and delivered a weekly ‘Philosophy Corner’, open-to all philosophy seminar
• Oversaw a team of 5 others, planning events with the department and peer mentoring scheme.
• Budgeting, making room bookings, publicising events, completing risk assessments, ensuring widened participation.
Open Minds Conference Organising Committee Member 2016
• Reviewing and Selecting Conference Papers
• Events Organisation
• Chairing Presentation Discussions
Other Work Experience and Interests
• Working with Children; 2 weeks’ work experience in a primary school and 2 further weeks at a drama summer school during high school, and as a young beaver scout leader from 2015-2016.
• Paid work as an extra on waterloo road and with Say Two touring drama company over school holidays.
• Recreational achievements; Acting grade 5, Voice grade 3, Played 1st Alto Saxophone in school Jazz band, Shu-ko-kai Karate Purple Belt, Host a Weekly Quiz, Member of a successful Quiz team, ballroom and Latin American idta 2nd gold bar.
• Socially Active- successfully petitioned council to form a local youth club, Scouting Young Leader, Volunteer with Local NCT.
• Wide and varied interests; always have a go, aim to succeed.
She is my English tutor. My friend who had lessons with her introduced me with strong recommendation in last June. Since then, I find her a professional, brilliant and passionate tutor. She designs lessons based on in-depth understanding of English level and preference of a tutee. Materials which she selects cover a variety of areas from politics to science. I find myself improved a lot in English. I already introduced her to my colleagues looking for a tutor. I strongly recommend her for those who need a professional tutor.
I highly recommend "Madeleine", who has been my English teacher since 2018, as a Superprof.
Before meeting her, I had trouble keeping up with the university classes, due to the lack of my English skills. Although I tried to find a tutor, it was really hard to find a tutor who perfectly fit with my needs. At the time, my Japanese friend introduced me his cohort, Madeleine.
Before the class, she sent me some articles, which allowed me to keep interests, such as art, science, technology, architecture, etc. Although there were some topics which might be unfamiliar to her, she was well prepared and has always been driven to develop her skills as a teacher how to explain more easily to me.
I have been impressed by her efforts, so I already have introduced my friends (total 3), who would like to improve their skills like me, to her. All of them were very satisfied with her class and still they are keeping the class.
If you are looking for a tutor to improve yourself, I strongly recommend you to study with Madeleine and hope you will make the right decision.
If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a message for me.
psychology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest philosophy lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, ethics lessons for all!
Taking history of philosophy lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|