I love teaching and helping people understand various concepts and being able to spot patterns in exams/homework questions. I think integrating intuitive and critical thinking helps one better understand the class/lecture material.
I write notes as preparation before our Zoom/Google Meet sessions based on exam papers and other tips and tricks that could help my students. Then during the session, I go through the questions and material, I ask questions (if my students feel comfortable with that) and I ask them to ask me questions continuously so they can better understand the concepts.
I am very flexible when it comes to teaching - I am a big fan of personalised teaching and if someone prefers a different method of teaching I always try to adapt to their preferences!
I am going into my 4th (final) year in Chemistry with Molecular Modelling in Trinity College Dublin. I have given grinds to a pharmaceutical university level student during all of last year and two 5th year secondary school students. I obtained 554 points in my Leaving Cert. and currently have a 2.1 in my course and first in all lab sessions.
• Two 5th year students (LC level) and a STEM student (university level) as well as work experience as a primary school teacher assistant.
• 554 points, Loreto Secondary School Balbriggan, Balbriggan, Co. Dublin
• 2.1, Junior Sophister, Chemistry with Molecular Modelling, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin
• I won the “Overall Winners” at the BT Young Scientist and Technology Exhibition (BTYSTE) 2016
• I won 3rd place and a special (DuPont) award at the European Union Contest for Young Scientists (EUCYS) 2016 held in Brussels.
• I won the overall “Junior Life Sciences Group” award at SciFest in 2014.
• I am currently undertaking summer computational chemistry research in the area of phase-transfer catalysis for asymmetric conjugate additions.
• I achieved the Gaisce Bronze Award in 2016.
• I was awarded a “Student of the Year” award at the end of 4th year of secondary school.
• I was appointed Senior Prefect for 1st years in 5th year and elected as a Science Captain in 6th year.
• I presented my Young Scientist project in front of scientists in universities such as UCD, NUI Galway and Queen’s University but also to numerous primary schools in the Dublin area.
• I have talked about my experience in science and the BTYSTE to representatives of companies that sponsor the competition each year at a dinner organized by BT, at the Opening Ceremony for the BTYSTE 2017, on “The Late Late Show”, as well as to the Romanian Ambassador, An Uachtaráin and Their Royal Highnesses, Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||€25|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||€125|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||€250|