Let me show you my passion for quality teaching - FIRST CLASS FREE!
WHY: I love to change people’s perspective on how they learn new skills and languages
HOW: during weekly sessions we mix different language skills (communicating, reading, listening, grammar) from materials I provide with theory&practice of learning skills (kinaesthetic and immerse learning, daily learning routine to name but a few) I’ve been testing on my +25 students for the last 5 years
WHAT: Learning is my main hobby and I specialise in teaching Polish to GCSE, A-levels and adult students.
If you want to change the way you learn it, just message me and remember: our first introductory class is FOR FREE with a special message. Please be aware I can only take 1 more student, so please contact me quickly!
I AM: Jestem Jakub i uczę polskiego (I am Jakub and I teach Polish). I'm a professional with over 3+ years of project management experience and two degrees from UK universities (Aberystwyth and Cardiff)
YOU ARE: you are looking for a teacher who will not only give you the grammar (important) but with who you will work on you communication skills (the real reason). And, by the way, you’ve just read your first Polish sentence. You’re welcome.
A typical student is in their 20s, 30s, 40s and 50+ and learns the language for friends and family reasons. Don’t worry if your case is not this one though, I also worked with business- or education-motivated students.
Do you want to finally learn a language of your beloved-one to talk and show your appreciation? Do you have close friends or co-workers whose language seems exotic and challenging? Is your next business trip or project somehow related to Poland? Or do you want to learn Polish because you seek something challenging and brain-developing? Tell me more about it and we will find together a solution how to make you speak.
• 25+ individual, long-term students
• 28 years of experience in being Polish national (top-class results from Polish equivalent of A-level tests, 2010)
• On-line tutor in Polish, English and Spanish for the last 5 years (2015-> )
• First degree in Spanish (Aberystwyth University, 2010-14; exchange student at two Spanish universities, 2012-13)
• Work experience with various age groups: from school children aged 4-10 in Spanish primary school, university students in their 20s and 30s to people in their 50s and 60s (2010 -> )
What I offer:
- bespoke approach based on your needs based on 4 years of experience
- learning materials (e-version, pdf course books)
- My own “How to study effectively” ebook
- punctuality (always on time)
- flexibility (…but open to move classes if you need so)
- Focus on language fluency and self-confidence over spotless correctness
- more than just language classes: conversations about culture and society, cultural hints (books, movies, music, places to visit)
- Goal-oriented approach: monthly mentoring and inspiration sessions
Deadly! Improving my Polish with Jakub has been a fantastic experience. Not only is he very skilled at quickly identifying the areas which need improvement, and therefore able to be excellently prepared for each class, but he is also very flexible and willing to give his students the opportunity to direct their own learning. I always leave classes with new resources to review and support my learning and it is clear that Jakub is extremely committed to the development of his pupils.
Jakub’s friendly personality and good sense of humour make him very easy to talk with and I would recommend him as a tutor for all ages and levels, so whether you’re wanting to refine your Polish or starting comepletely from scratch then do get in touch.
For all the help and support I would like to say to Jakub - bardzo dziękuję!!
Oliver is a great student who is well-prepared and hard working. It's always great to work with someone who really wants to learn and improve his language sills.
Deadly! Jakub have a lovely and easy manner and connected well with my teenage son. He used different methods and has very practical approach to teaching polish. Ian definitely wants to continue with his lessons.
I am absolutely happy with the student, she is keen on learning Polish and I look forward to our next class!
I've known Jakub for 3 years, he was my Polish tutor. I really enjoyed his approach as he always tried to find an engaging way to present the learning material. He was punctual, accurate and well-prepared. Learning Polish helped me to reunite with my family in Poland. I do recommend him as a tutor.
Kuba is an easy-going and open-minded person who gave me some extra polish lesson over skype for about 1 year in 2015-2016. I truly believe these made me more confident and better at speaking and understanding and I strongly recommend him!
polish lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||€29|